The Soil Moisture Sensor is a simple breakout for measuring the moisture in soil and similar materials. The soil moisture sensor is pretty straightforward to use. The two large, exposed pads function as probes for the sensor, together acting as a variable resistor. The more water that is in the soil means the better the conductivity between the pads will be and will result in a lower resistance, and a higher SIG out.
To get the Soil Moisture Sensor functioning all you will need is to connect the VCC and GND pins to your Arduino-based device (or compatible development board) and you will receive a SIG out which will depend on the amount of water in the soil.
Features: Soil Moisture Sensor
- Simple to use
- Passive component
- Resistive Sensor
Specifications: Soil Moisture Sensor
- Operating voltage: 3.3V~5V
- Dual output mode, analog output more accurate
- A fixed bolt hole for easy installation
- With power indicator (red) and digital switching output indicator (green)
- Having LM393 comparator chip, stable
- Panel PCB Dimension: Approx.3cm x 1.5cm
- Soil Probe Dimension: Approx. 6cm x 3cm
- Cable Length: Approx.21cm
- VCC: 3.3V-5V
- GND: GND
- DO: digital output interface(0 and 1)
- AO: analog output interface
There are no reviews yet.