Proximity Sensor are used to detect objects and obstacles in front of sensor. Sensor keeps transmitting infrared light and when any object comes near, it is detected by the sensor by monitoring the reflected light from the object. It can be used in robots for obstacle avoidance, for automatic doors, for parking aid devices or for security alarm systems, or contact less tachometer by measuring RPM of rotation objects like fan blades.
A proximity sensor is a sensor able to detect the presence of nearby objects without any physical contact. An IR proximity sensor emits a beam of Infrared radiation and looks for changes in the field or return signal. The object being sensed is often referred to as the proximity sensor’s target.
The module works well for the distance 2 – 40cm and a detection angle 35 degree, The sensitivity of this can be adjusted by varying the potentiometer, the sensor module output port OUT port can be directly connected to the microcontroller IO can also be used to directly drive a 5V relay.
Features: ADIY IR Sensor Module With Preset
- Onboard detection indication
- Effective distance range of 2cm to 40cm
- A preset knob to fine-tune distance range
- There is an obstacle, the green indicator light on the circuit board
- TTL output is high whenever it sense an obstacle
- Detection angle: 35 °
- Comparator chip: LM393
- 3mm screw holes for easy mounting
- Dimensions: 48 x 14 x 8 mm (L x W x H)
- Weight: 3gm
There are no reviews yet.