MQ2 Smoke Sensor Module is a Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOS) type Gas Sensor mainly used to detect gases like Methane, Butane, LPG, Smoke, etc. It is also known as Chemiresistors as the gas detection is based on the change of resistance of the sensing material when the Gas comes into contact. If you want to measure a different type of Gas you can check these Gas Sensors.
MQ2 Gas sensor module works on 5V DC and uses around 800mW. It can detect LPG, Smoke, Alcohol, Propane, Hydrogen, Methane and Carbon Monoxide concentrations in a range of 200 to 10000 ppm.
MQ2 Smoke Sensor Module Features & Specifications
- Operating Voltage is +5V
- Analog output voltage: 0V to 5V
- Digital Output Voltage: 0V or 5V (TTL Logic)
- Preheat duration 20 seconds
- Can be used as a Digital or analog sensor
- The Sensitivity of a Digital pin can be varied using the potentiometer
To use the MQ2 gas sensor module, you need to power the device with 5V supply and the Power LED will start to glow. You should give it some preheating time before start reading the output. While measuring the gas present, the Output LED will glow in a specific concentration of the gas. You can change it by using the potentiometer. Else you can also use the Analog Output to see how your program reacts to different concentrations of gases present.
Additional Resources : MQ2 Smoke Sensor Module
Application: MQ2 Smoke Sensor Module
- The domestic gas leakage detector
- Industrial Combustible gas detector
- Portable gas detector
- Good sensitivity to Combustible gas in a wide range
- High sensitivity to LPG, Propane, and Hydrogen
- Long life and low cost
- Simple drive circuit
- Can be used as a digital or analog sensor
- The Sensitivity of the Digital pin can be varied using the potentiometer
- Can be used to Measure or detect LPG, Alcohol, Propane, Hydrogen, CO, and even methane